6/11/2013

Cédric Charlier


C   É   D   R   I   C      C   H   A   R   L   I   E   R






Above are images (courtesy of style.com) from Cédric Charlier's 2014 resort collection, which has been one of 
my favourites this season. Charlier collection's campaign "Another Africa" clearly shows the inspiration
that derived from it. The clear cut silhouettes of these pieces are absolutely breathtaking, especially done in these 
sharp bold colours. The combination of the lush green colour and the bright red is just a perfect match made 
in heaven. These complimentary colours work so well together that it makes the rather monochrome collection 
so much more interesting! I love the wide legged cropped black pants on photo four too! It's also great how 
Charlier subtlety introduces a prints in the leatherwear, and the shoes...need I say more?  The colour blocking 
might be quite overdone, but i'm loving how he uses texture to neutralise that boldness. The variations of lengths
also helps to reinforce the 'another' of the campaign. In the end, my favourite photo is definitely the first B&W one,
so minimal, so simple, so effortless. In a way, it somewhat reminds me of Jil Sander and Phoebe Philo @Céline. 
Will introducing subtle prints be a new take on minimalism? 




No comments:

Post a Comment